Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 15 mins
Easy, cheesy, saucy chicken skillet is a delicious Italian-inspired dish you don't want to miss.
Course: Main Course
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- about 24 ounces of your favorite marinara (I like any Rao's variety)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese or 1 cup shredded
- Optional for serving: chopped parsley or basil + pasta
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides. Add chicken to skillet and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- If you are planning on serving this with pasta, get the water going and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting. Add tomato sauce to skillet with chicken, when sauce reaches a simmer, lower heat, cover to fully heat sauce. This will only take a few minutes.
- Once sauce is fully heated, top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese gets nice and bubbly and just melts. Top with chopped parsley or basil. Serve immediately with pasta and a salad, if desired.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.kimscravings.com/15-minute-mozzarella-chicken-skillet/