Serves: 8 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (if searing the meat first)
- 2 lb. cubed stew beef
- 1 (15 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 lb. baby potatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary (or ½ tsp dried)
- 1 bay leaf
- To make in your instant pot: Drizzle olive oil in the bowl of your instant pot and turn on the sauté function. Wait until it's nice and heated then add meat, browning on all sides.
- Add the rest of your ingredients, seal the instant pot and select the meat/stew setting (about 35 minutes). Once cooking is complete, let the instant pot sit for about 12 minutes then release the steam by placing the valve to the venting position.
- To make in your slow cooker: Add cubed beef (except the oil) along with the rest of ingredients, cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- To make on your stove top: In a large dutch oven or pot on medium high heat, drizzle oil and sear meat on all sides. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for about 2 to 3 hours, until meat is tender. Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1½ cups • Calories: 325 • Fat: 13.3 g • Saturated Fat: 5 g • Carbs: 24.2 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 27.3 g • Sugar: 9.7 g • WW Freestyle Points: 6
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/beef-and-tomato-stew/