Bubblegum Cupcakes made with bubblegum soda, extra bubblegum flavoring, a box white cake mix and a simple frosting with fun sprinkles and a gumball on top!
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 egg whites
- 1 box white cake mix (I used Pillsbury)
- 1.25 cups bubble gum soda (I found a Meijer brand)
- drop of bubble gum flavoring (optional for extra bubblegum flavor)
- 5 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- food coloring (I used a few drops of pink)
- drop of bubblegum flavoring
- sprinkles to garnish
- gumballs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1/3 cup softened, unsalted butter and use the hand or stand mixer to thoroughly mix. Add in the 3 egg whites, box of cake mix and 1.25 cups bubblegum soda. Mix again.
- Place cupcake liners into muffin pan.
- Fill each liner 3/4 full and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Start the frosting. Use the hand or stand mixer to thoroughly mix .5 cup softened butter and .5 cup vegetable shortening. Slowly add in confectioners sugar, bubble gum flavoring and food coloring to desired amount.
- Place frosting in pastry bag with large tip.
- Frost a ring around each cupcake and dip into a plate full of sprinkles to decorate.
- Finish frosting each cupcake and place a gumball on each.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.simplymaderecipes.com/bubblegum-cupcake/