Yield: serves 3-4
This Buffalo Chickpea Pizza is a gluten free and vegetarian alternative to an all-time favorite pizza! The hot sauce-hummus sauce is not to be missed! Vegan option included.
- 1 batch pizza dough (I used half of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix, but you'll just need enough dough for 1 12-inch pizza)
- 1/2 cup plain hummus
- 3-4 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used Franks)
- salt + pepper
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1+ cup mozzarella or vegan mozzarella
- 2-3 Tbsp. parsley, minced for topping
- Prepare your pizza dough according to package instructions. Par cook your crust if needed.
- Mix hummus, 3 Tbsp. hot sauce, and salt and pepper (if needed) until smooth. Taste, and add the additional Tbsp. hot sauce if you want it spicier. Set aside.
- Add chickpeas to a small bowl. Cover with olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Spread hummus-hot sauce mixture on your crust. Top with chickpeas and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is done. Top with parsley and additional hot sauce if desired.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.fooduzzi.com/2016/11/buffalo-chickpea-pizza/