PREP TIME: 2 MINUTES COOK TIME: 8 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES SERVINGS: 2 CALORIES: 241 KCAL
A base of spiralized butternut squash with creamy mushrooms, lentils ans sage. A comforting dish that's healthy, grain-free, low-cal and high protein!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled & spiralized (or 1 pack of prepared butternut noodles)
- Approx 10 white cup mushrooms peeled and sliced
- 90 g / 1/2 cup cooked puy lentils*
- Few fresh sage leaves roughly chopped
FOR THE CREAMY SAUCE
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves minced
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- In a large saucepan or wok, heat the olive oil and cook the butternut noodles on medium heat for a couple of minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the mushrooms, lentils and sage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Make a quick sauce by mixing the almond milk and arrowroot together in a small bowl, then add the mixture and the garlic to the frying pan and stir into the noodles. As it heats, it will begin to thicken. Once thick and creamy, remove from the heat and stir in the nutritional flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
*Pre-cooked lentils make this dish super easy! You can buy tinned, packaged or make them yourself in advance.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://wallflowerkitchen.com/spiralized-butternut-noodles-creamy-garlic-mushrooms-lentils-vegan-gf/