Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Cooked in a skillet or on the grill, this flavorful shrimp is finger-licking good!
Course: Main Course
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 lb. large raw deveined shrimp
- For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2- tablespoons fresh lemon juice, about 2 lemons
- 2- large cloves garlic, minced
- 2- teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
To cook the shrimp:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced (not used for grilled shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Rinse the shrimp and pat them dry with a paper towel. Remove the shells if desired.
- For the marinade combine 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 2 minced cloves garlic, chili powder, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and salt in a large ziplock bag.
- Add the shrimp and turn to coat. Allow the shrimp to marinate for 15 minutes on the counter top.
- Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and when it shimmers, add the remaining garlic.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Sauté for another 30 seconds and then add the shrimp in a single layer.
- Discard the extra marinade. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes, then turn and increase the heat to high and cook for 2 minutes while reducing any remaining liquid.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan when it's pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Mary Younkin of Barefeet in the Kitchen
Grilling directions: Soak wooden skewers in water then thread the shrimp onto the skewers. Heat the grill to medium-high and generously oil the grates to prevent sticking. Place the skewers on the grill and sprinkle lightly with 1 teaspoon sugar. Let the shrimp cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once or twice, just until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan