Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 35 mins
A delicious vegan muffin filled with chocolate and bananas.
Course: Breakfast, Snack
Servings: 12 Muffins
Calories: 201 kcal
Author: Linda Meyer
- 2 1/2 cups of stone ground flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk I used cashew milk but almond milk will work too
- 1 large banana – diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chunks or chips I use Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease and flour or line a muffin tin with liners
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar together until well blended and the cocoa is evenly distributed.
- Add the apple sauce, vanilla, coconut oil, and non-dairy milk and stir until just combined. Don’t overdo it or the batter will get tough. Gently fold in the banana and chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins until 3/4 of the way full. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops are puffy and cracked and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for five minutes and then remove the muffins from the tin and cool on the rack until they’re cool enough to eat.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two days or freeze for up to a month.
You can add a half cup of chopped nuts of your choice to this recipe for added texture and protein.
The nutrition facts are only an estimate.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.veganosity.com/chunky-monkey-chocolate-banana-muffins-vegan/