yield: 6 SERVINGS total time: 30 MIN prep time: 15 MIN cook time: 15 MIN
This warm and savory Cowboy Queso dip is loaded with ground beef, your favorite ale, tomatoes, black beans, and fresh cilantro. Perfect for watching the big game with friends.
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (I used 85% lean)*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup Pale Ale beer (or your favorite kind of beer)**
- 1 (16 oz.) block Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Rotel Tomatoes, partially drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large, high-walled skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble the ground meat, adding in desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Once it’s nice and brown, flakes drain any excess grease, toss in the crushed red pepper and add the beer. Let the beer reduce for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the cheese and let it melt and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cheese is melted, stir in the beans, red onions, and cilantro. Add the tomatoes and some of the juice from the can, only if you want it to be a little thinner in consistency. If you’ve already reached your desired level of thickness, don’t add any juice.
- To Garnish: I like to sprinkle some extras on top, like a few more black beans, tomatoes (or pico de gallo/salsa fresca), grated cheese, red onions, and cilantro. Not necessary, but it looks nice!
*You can substitute hot pork sausage (or regular) with the casings removed
**I had some Samuel Adams Rebel Rouser IPA on hand, it tasted great in this dip.
I like to pour this dip from the high-walled skillet into a cast iron skillet for sharing.
This dip is FABULOUS on top of a hot dog! Whew boy.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://thecozycook.com/cowboy-queso/