PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES SERVINGS: 2
An easy, healthy weeknight meal that's super creamy and full of flavour.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot or 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 100 g button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 100 g risotto rice
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar (Optional)*
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (Optional)**
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the shallot and garlic and cook on a medium-low heat until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the risotto rice and immediately pour in the stock and vinegar (if using). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add more hot water, if necessary.
- Once cooked, stir in the nutritional yeast (if using), stir in a handful of chopped fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
*White wine vinegar adds extra flavour but it still works well without it.
**Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavour but again, still works well when left out.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan