Easy stovetop sugar free candied pecans which use just three ingredients and with no sugar, sticky sweeteners or any additives! A simple one pan/skillet recipe perfect for the holidays, Christmas, DIY, gift giving, or anytime snacking! It’s also completely paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free!
- 3 cups raw, unsalted pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener (see notes above for alternative granulated sweeteners)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- Stovetop option
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet pan on medium heat. When hot, add the monk fruit sweetener, water, vanilla extract, sea salt and optional cinnamon and mix until fully combined. Allow to heat up, stirring occasionally.
- When the monk fruit has completely melted, add the raw, unsalted pecans. Watch over the pan and continue stirring often until most of the monk fruit sweetener has been coated and beginning to crystallize.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes, before using a wooden spoon to stir almonds together to avoid immediate, overlarge clusters forming. Allow to cool completely before breaking up properly.
- Oven option
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Follow directions as above then spread out pecan halves on a single flat layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once almonds have just begun to crystallize, remove and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, before stirring once again to avoid immediate overlarge clusters forming. Allow to cool completely, before coating in an extra tablespoon or two of monk fruit sweetener.
Pecan halves can be kept in a sealed container for at least 2 months. For even longer storage, freeze in an airtight container.
For large pecan clusters, allow to cool for 10 minutes, before breaking up
By Arman @ thebigmansworld
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://thebigmansworld.com/2016/12/02/easy-stovetop-sugar-free-candied-pecans-paleo-vegan-gluten-free/