Course: Dinner Cuisine: Vegan Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes Servings: 8 Author: Karissa's Vegan Kitchen
These homemade, oil-free vegan chickpea meatballs are insanely flavorful - even meat-eaters will love them!
- 2 cups chickpeas - reserve chickpea liquid if using canned
- 2.5 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- If you're using dried chickpeas, soak for 4 hours. Boil them until they are splitting, about 45 minutes to an hour. Skip to Step 2 if using canned chickpeas!
- Drain the chickpeas & pinch the skin off as many as you have the patience for. Blend chickpeas in a blender until broken down.
- Make your flax seed "eggs" - mix 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix together the chickpeas and flax seed eggs.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients. If the mixture is too sticky, add more breadcrumbs half a tablespoon at a time. If too dry, add a little chickpea liquid or oil. You want a consistency that will be easy to roll into balls without sticking to your hands or cracking.
- Taste it - does it need something? Add more of your favorite seasonings if you want! The perk of veggie meatballs is that you can taste test before cooking!
- Form the chickpea mixture into meatballs and place onto a greased or parchment-lined baking dish.
- In a 450 degree oven, bake the chickpea meatballs for 20-25 minutes, turning over halfway through. They will be golden and crispy on the outside when done!
Enjoy your delicious homemade meatballs with marinara & pasta or get creative with these vegan meatball subs!
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.karissasvegankitchen.com/vegan-chickpea-meatballs/