Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta has great flavor, and is a hearty pasta meal. A casserole style dish in less time than baking in the oven.
Course: Dinner, Main Course, pasta
Servings: 6 - 8
Author: Sandy Clifton
- 6 slices Thick Cut Bacon, cut in bite-sized pieces
- (2) 8 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed
- 2 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 4 1/2 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Powder (3 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 16 oz Penne or Rotini Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Half and Half, more if you lake a saucier pasta
- Prepare all of the ingredients before you start. Cut the bacon and chicken, have the butter measured. Shred the cheese, and measure out the ranch & garlic powders, broth, and pasta. It will make the cooking process much easier and faster. Less stress!
- Turn on the Sauté function (Normal/Med heat). Add the chopped bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until done. Remove to a paper towel and drain all of the fat except for a couple of teaspoons.
- Add the chicken pieces in one layer in the pot. Let them cook a few minutes, then stir or flip them over. Cook until the outsides turn white and they brown a little (they won't be completely cooked through). Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter and a splash or two of the broth to the pot and stir. Cook for a minute, scraping the bottom of the pot so you can to get all of the brown bits (fond) up.
- Add the broth, ranch powder, and garlic powder, and stir well. Place a glass lid on the pot and let broth come to a simmer. If you use the pressure cooker's lid, don't seal it!
- When the broth starts to simmer, add the pasta and stir. Also add the chicken back in. Gently push down, using a spoon, to submerge the pasta.
- Place the pressure cooker lid on the pot and turn the steam release knob to Sealing.
- Cancel the Sauté function.
- Press Pressure Cook/Manual and then the + or - button to choose 5 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle ends, do a controlled Quick Release of the pressure, just until you are sure no sauce will spew out with the steam, then turn the knob all the way and let it all out.
- When the pin in the lid drops down, open it and give the contents a stir. It will be fairly soupy at this point.
- Stir in the cheeses and let melt.
- Stir in the half and half, and add the reserved bacon. Mix well.
- Serve warm.
This pasta dish will thicken as it cools. To reheat you may need to add a little broth, milk, or water.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-chicken-bacon-ranch-pasta/