Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce - Easy, hearty, delicious pasta dinner to please everyone!
Servings: 4 -6 servings
Calories: 1030 kcal
Author: Don't Sweat The Recipe
- 12 oz rigatoni
- 12 oz Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz Pancetta cubed
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or stock of your choice
- 1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking begin the sauce.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the Italian sausage and pancetta. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, set aside.
- Add the onion, saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute another minute.
- Add the wine and fire-roasted tomatoes, simmer and reduce the liquid by half.
- Lower the heat, stir in the cream, spinach, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers, Italian sausage, and pancetta. Simmer until the cream is heated and the spinach is wilted. Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, pour the sauce over and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://dontsweattherecipe.com/italian-sausage-rigatoni-with-spicy-tomato-cream-sauce/