- 2 sticks of real (salted) butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces of shortening
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8-9 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and cream cheese until very smooth. Add in the vanilla and mix again.
- Begin adding powdered sugar, one cup at a time up to 8 cups.
- Your frosting will be very stiff at this point – now add in the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Mix and check the consistency.
- From here, I had to add a little more powdered sugar (it was too soft) but then I went too far, so I added a little more milk. Just play with it until you get a consistency you’re happy with! I made mine on the softer side so it was silky smooth … but still able to hold it’s shape!
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://rosebakes.com/lemon-kissed-cupcakes-vanilla-cupcake-with-lemon-curd-filling-lemon-cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/