YIELD: 20 SQUARES
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Peanut Butter Cookie Layer: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the peanut butter, butter and both sugars, until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture on low speed. Stir until dough forms. Press dough into an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are browned, and remove from oven. Let cool completely.
- Cookie Dough Layer: In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, milk, flour and salt until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Smooth into an even layer on top of the cooled peanut butter cookie layer.
- Chocolate Glaze: In a small sauce pan, combine butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract and heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Decrease the heat to low, add the chocolate, and whisk until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat, add the powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth. Let chocolate glaze sit for 5 minutes until it has cooled slightly and started to thicken just a little bit. Then slowly pour on top in an even layer.
- Let bars cool in the fridge for 1 hour before serving. Slice and serve cool or let come to room temperature (I prefer them at room temperature).
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://thenovicechefblog.com/2016/04/peanut-butter-cookie-dough-bars/