Chicken salad with sweet pineapple, red grapes, green onions, almonds, celery all covered in a creamy dressing. Serve in croissant rolls or in your favorite bread roll. Perfect for a summertime dinner because you don't even have to turn on the oven!
- chicken salad
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, sliced lengthwise in half
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained well
- creamy dressing
- 1 package(8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Combine all the chicken salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl, combine all the creamy dressing ingredients. Stir together until combined.
- Pour the dressing into the chicken salad mixture and stir together until combined and mixed well.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for 3-4 hours for best results.
- Serve in croissants or bread of choice.
I place the cream cheese on a plate and microwave it for about 25 seconds to get it soft. You want the cream cheese soft so you don't have lumps of cream cheese in your dressing.
Drain pineapple well. Place in a colander and use the back of a spoon to press on the pineapple to release the juices.
I love using a rotisserie chicken because it's already flavored and it's easy. You can substitute 3-4 cups of shredded/chunked chicken in place of the rotisserie if wanted.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://togetherasfamily.com/2015/04/pineapple-chicken-salad-sandwiches/