Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix (plus eggs, oil and water the package calls for)
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- Prepare and bake cake, according to package directions, using two 9-inch round cake pans. Make sure to grease pans very well so cakes can be removed easily. Let cakes cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer. Add vanilla and whipping cream. Continue to beat until thickened, creamy and combined.
- Place one cake layer into the bottom of a large trifle dish. Spread half of the cream cheese filling over cake. Top cake with blueberries in a single layer.
- Place second cake over blueberries. Spread the remaining cream cheese frosting over cake. Top with strawberry halves and a few more blueberries. Cover and chill trifle in fridge until ready to serve.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/red-velvet-trifle/