Cook time : 16 mins
Total time : 16 mins
A delicious beetroot inspired falafel recipe with the addition of coriander (cilantro) leaves. Baked or grilled (broiled if you are in the USA) to maintain a wonderful, healthy, gluten-free, vegan falafel.
Author: Trinity Bourne
Recipe type: dinner, lunch
Cuisine: vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free
- 2 beetroots (just under tennis ball size)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 250g (2 cups) cooked chickpeas
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Ahead of time: Slice the rough neck/top off the beetroots and discard. Chop the remaining beetroot into cubes (1.5cm/half an inch cubed in size).
- Bake in the oven on a baking tray for about 45 minutes on a high heat. When done, take out and leave to cool until you are ready to make the falafels. This can be done ahead of time, or the night before when you are using the oven for something else.
- When beetroot is ready...
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until everything has broken down. It doesn’t need to be pureed completely, just broken down into tiny pieces so that when you compress, everything binds together.
- Roll into balls (a little smaller than golf balls in size).
- Press the balls down into mini patty shapes.
- Place onto a grill tray (broiler in the USA) and grill on a medium/low heat for about 8 minutes on each side. (You can also bake these in the oven as an alternative to grilling).
- Serve right away.
- This served really well with tahini sauce - check out my Easy Tahini Sauce Recipe here
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://www.trinityskitchen.com/roast-beetroot-falafels-with-tahini-sauce-easy-gluten-free-vegan-deliciousness/