The best Po’boy sandwich with crispy spicy shrimp and a creamy tangy remoulade.
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Capers in brine (drained and chopped)
- 4 grams Flat leaf parsley (1 tablespoon chopped)
- 1 Scallion (minced)
- 4 grams Garlic (1 small clove grated)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest (zest from 1/2 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pimentón (smoked paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot sauce (to taste)
For Fried Shrimp
- 450 grams Small shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 teaspoons Pimentón (smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Dill pickles (sliced)
- Iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 large Tomato (sliced)
- 2 small loaves French bread (10-inches long)
- Make the remoulade by putting the mayonnaise, mustard, capers, parsley, scallion, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, and hot sauce in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Chill in the refrigerator while you make the rest of the sandwich.
- For the shrimp, add 2-inches of oil to a heavy bottomed pot and preheat to 350 degrees F (180C). Prepare a wire rack lined with a triple layer of paper towels. Have all the vegetables for the sandwich ready in advance as you want to serve this as soon as the shrimp is done.
- If the crust on your bread is no longer crisp, throw it in a 350 degree F oven for a few minutes to crisp.
- Mix 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Dry any excess water off the shrimp using paper towels and them put them in a bowl. Toss the shrimp while sprinkling the seasoning mix over the shrimp to coat each one evenly.
- Put the cornmeal and flour in a bag and add the shrimp in batches, closing the bag and tossing to coat each shrimp evenly.
- Dig out the shrimp from the bag and add them to the pre-heated oil. Fry until the shrimp are golden brown and crisp and use a wire strainer to transfer to the prepared wire rack. Repeat with the rest of the shrimp.
- To assemble the sandwiches, slice the bread in half leaving a little crust at the back to act as a hinge. Spread a layer of remoulade onto the bottom bread and then top with the shrimp, pickles, lettuce and tomatoes. Finish with another drizzle of remoulade and extra hot sauce to taste. Serve immediately.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://norecipes.com/shrimp-po-boy