Prep Time : 18 min
Cook Time : 7 min
Total Time : 25 min
- 2 tbsp (11 g) ground flax seed
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) water
- ½ cup (59 g) chopped walnuts
- 2 very ripe bananas, pureed
- 1 ½ cups (151 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (89 g) cornmeal
- 1 tbsp (12 g) sugar
- 3 tsp (11 g) baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground sea salt
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) almond milk
- 3 tbsp (44 g) vegan butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted coconut oil (to brush on the waffle iron to prevent sticking)
- Sliced bananas
- Maple syrup
- Mix the flax seed and water together in a small bowl until it’s thick and sticky. Set aside
- Toast the walnuts (shake the pan frequently to avoid burning) in a medium pan on medium heat until they’re golden brown and fragrant. Approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Puree the bananas.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients until they’re fully combined. In a medium bowl, whisk the almond milk, melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until combined, then pour the liquid into the dry mixture. Add the flax mixture and the pureed bananas and stir until the wet and dry mixtures, and the bananas, are combined. Fold in the walnuts.
- Heat your waffle iron and brush a thin layer of coconut oil over the grid. Make sure the pockets of the grid are well oiled or the waffle will stick. Fill the grid with batter until it’s ¾ full. Close the iron and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until it stops steaming and the waffle is firm and golden brown.
Because there is a lot of banana in the batter you will have to cook the waffle a lot longer than you’d cook a plain waffle.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.veganosity.com/vegan-banana-bread-waffles-dairy-free-egg-free/