All-American Chili Fries are a great way to treat yourself to some healthy, delectable fun. No greasiness, all delicious flavor.
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 1 hr
Total Time 1 hr, 15
- 1 cup dried quinoa, cooked according to package
- 3 Tbs olive oil (or your favorite cooking oil)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch red pepper flakes
- a few twists fresh black pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch (8 or so) green onions, chopped (save tops for garnish)
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 15 oz. can or 1 1/2 c cooked red or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can or 1 1/2 c cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 15 oz. cans diced no salt added tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can no salt added tomato paste
- 1 Tbs maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- 2 Tbs red cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c water
- Cook the quinoa and set aside. Prep the veggies while the quinoa cooks.
- In a large, lidded pot combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Raise the heat to low and let the spices bloom for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onions. Raise the heat to medium low and saute 5 minutes. Add the peppers, raise the heat to medium and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and saute 3-4 minutes. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, cover loosely, turn the heat to low and let the chili simmer while you make the fries.
- To make the fries, heat the oven to 465. Cook 2 small or 1 large potato per serving. To cook 2 servings: cut the potatoes into fries. Combine 1 Tbs oil and sprinklings of chili powder, paprika, onion and garlic powder in a large bowl. Just eyeballing is fine. Toss the potatoes in the oil and spice and arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, flip them over and bake another 10 minutes. Top with chili and serve.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://eathealthyeathappy.com/all-american-chili-fries-vegan-clean-glutenfree/