This fantastic entree uses chicken marinated in sun-dried tomato dressing. The bruschetta is made of tomatoes, garlic, basil, sun-dried tomato dressing and mozzarella cheese. Perfect for holiday dinners like Easter or Mother's Day. Gluten free.
Course : Chicken/Main Dish
Cuisine : Italian
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 55 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese or more, if desired
- 4 cloves garlic sliced and roasted (or use one whole bulb roasted garlic, if desired)
- 1 tsp. basil or ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- ground salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing divided use
- Place chicken in plastic bowl or ziplock bag with ½ cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing and marinate up to 48 hours. Mine marinated 36 hours.
- Remove chicken and place in 9x13” glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour any remaining marinade over top of the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, as chicken is baking, prepare bruschetta topping: chop tomatoes and put in a small bowl.
- Add roasted garlic, basil, salt, pepper, remaining sun-dried tomato salad dressing and mozzarella cheese.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- After chicken has baked about 45 minutes (for large chicken breasts, it may take less time for small ones), remove from oven and turn chicken over.
- Place bruschetta carefully over each chicken breast and bake an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
NOTE: To roast garlic, slice and put in ovenproof dish.
Bake along with the chicken for about 5-8 minutes or until the garlic starts to turn brown.
Add to bruschetta.
You can also use roasted garlic from roasting the whole bulb or roasted minced garlic from a jar.
NOTE: The traditional way to roast a whole garlic bulb is to place it on a small cookie sheet or pan. Cut off about one-half inch from the top of the garlic bulb. Drizzle very lightly with olive oil. Then roast the garlic at 350 to 400 degrees for approximately half an hour. Allow bulb to cool, then remove the garlic skins and push out the garlic onto a plate. Use as needed in recipe.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2013/11/08/baked-chicken-bruschetta/