author monkey and me kitchen adventures
yield 25-30 balls
Perfectly healthy and delicious, these amazingly creamy and guilt-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Delights are the perfect after-school treat or pick-me-up after a long day at work. Whole Food Plant Based, no oil, no refined sugar, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- 10 Medjool dates (soaked, we find this brand of dates to work best because they are so soft and gooey)
- ¾ cup peanut butter (organic, unsweetened)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut flour (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
- 1 heaping cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted, We used Enjoy Life Mega Chunks – semi-sweet chocolate chunks)
- 1/8 cup of peanuts (chopped into very fine pieces, this is for a tiny sprinkling on top of the cookies, Optional)
- Place the Medjool dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water, allow the dates to steep for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the Medjool dates from the water, discard the water, and add to a food processor (pinch the dates to ensure there are no pits) and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the food processor to ensure all the dates are finely chopped.
- Add all the remaining Cookie Ingredients into the food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a large ball. Note: If the mixture does not form a ball, add a teaspoon or two of water until a ball is formed. If the mixture is too wet, add a ¼ teaspoon of coconut flour and pulse until a large ball is formed.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax/parchment paper. Then use a small cookie scoop (OXO Good Grips Small Stainless-Steel Cookie Scoop – diameter is approx. 1 ¼ inches) and scoop up about a tablespoon of the mixture, pressing the cookie scoop hard against the side of the bowl to compact the cookie mixture into the scooper. Then release the cookie from the scooper and hand roll into tightly formed balls and place the balls onto a wax/parchment paper covered cookie sheet to set. Makes approx. 25 to 30 cookie balls (depending on size.)
- Cover the cookies on the cookie sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cookie sheet from the refrigerator and get ready for the chocolate coating. If you want the chocolate to harden faster, place the cookie sheet on top of some ice packs. Make sure your cookie sheet is stable. The cold cookie sheet will help the cookies remain cold and it will also hasten the chocolate hardening process. We used two ice packs covered in a tea towel, then placed the cookie sheet on top of it.
- Melt the chocolate. Heat the chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop* until the chocolate is almost completely melted, then remove from the microwave (or stovetop) and hand stir the chocolate until all chocolate has melted. This helps temper the chocolate. You don’t want the melted chocolate too hot or your cookie balls will become too soft and flatten out. Then take each cookie and place it into the melted chocolate, using two spoons or two forks (whichever is easier), roll and coat the cookie completely in chocolate, then place back onto the same cookie sheet covered with wax/parchment paper to cool. Then lightly sprinkle each cookie with a tiny sprinkle of finely chopped peanuts.
*Amount of Coconut Flour: Medjool Dates vary in size. Because of this variation, you want to be able to adjust the amount of coconut flour accordingly. The key is that the mixture should form a large ball right in the food processor. If a ball doesn’t form, add a little bit of water. If the mixture is too wet when you go to roll the balls, then add a tiny bit of coconut flour. Pulse until a large ball forms.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://monkeyandmekitchenadventures.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-delights/