Recipe type: Appetizer Cuisine: Italian
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 80 mins
Total time: 1 hour 40 mins
Sweet & tangy Cranberry BBQ Cocktail Meatballs recipe perfect for an easy holiday appetizer. They would be a hit for parties, Christmas or New Year's Eve!
For the Meatballs:
- 2 lbs. Moyer ground beef/ground chuck
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Cranberry BBQ Sauce:
- 18 oz. jar BBQ sauce
- 12 oz. jar Chili Sauce
- 14 oz. can Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
For the Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Moyer ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, chili sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, onion and salt. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Try not to overwork the meat which causes tough meatballs.
- Form into approx. 1½ inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Leave at least 1-inch space between meatballs.
- Cook at 350F for 10 minutes then turn each meatball over. Cook another 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare the sauce.
For the Sauce:
- In a large skillet over low heat, combine all sauce ingredients. Stir until well blended then remove from heat until the meatballs are ready to be added.
- When meatballs are cooked, place them in the sauce in the skillet and simmer on low for 1-hour or until sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with fresh, chopped parsley before serving.
- If serving as an appetizer, put toothpicks in each after transferring to a serving plate.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://wishesndishes.com/cranberry-bbq-cocktail-meatballs/