PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 35 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES SERVINGS: 4 CALORIES: 354 KCAL
A deliciously creamy risotto that is BURSTING with flavour
FOR THE ROASTED VEGETABLES
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large courgette zucchini
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
FOR THE RISOTTO
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 225 g risotto rice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 250 ml passata
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- Approx 6 sun-dried tomatoes chopped into small chunks
- A small bunch of fresh basil torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional vegan parmesan or "nooch" to serve
TO ROAST THE VEGETABLES
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and add the olive oil to a roasting tin.
- Chop the vegetables into small chunks and spread out in the tin, adding the salt and pepper before giving everything a shake to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
TO MAKE THE RISOTTO
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a shallow casserole dish or large frying pan, on a low-medium heat.
- Sauté the onion for a few minutes before adding the minced garlic and cooking for another minute.
- Stir in the rice with the vinegar and stir for approx 30 seconds, to coat it in the oil.
- Pour in the passata and vegetable stock, 1/2 cup at a time, alternating between the two. Allow each amount to be absorbed by the rice before adding the next.
- After 20 minutes, add in the sundried tomatoes and the roasted vegetables. Give everything a stir, adding more liquid if needed, and cook for a further 5 minutes until everything is cooked through and the rice is done.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, salt and pepper and vegan cheese (if using). Feel free to stir in any extra oil or dairy-free butter at this point for an extra creamy risotto.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://wallflowerkitchen.com/tomato-roasted-mediterranean-vegetable-risotto-vegan/