Fajita chicken, peppers and onions with lots of melted cheese, all stuffed inside a roll.
Course Main Course
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 sandwiches
Calories 495 kcal
Author Dinner at the Zoo
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups of mixed sliced peppers (I used red, yellow and orange bell peppers as well as a poblano pepper)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 14 ounces of Foster Farms Sauté Ready fajita marinated chicken 1/2 bag
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 in sandwich rolls cut half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional
- lime wedges for serving optional
- Pour the olive oil into a large pan and place it over medium high heat. Add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables have started to soften
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is browned and cooked through. Stir in the lime juice.
- Preheat the broiler. Divide the chicken and pepper mixture evenly over the rolls and top each sandwich with 1/4 cup cheese. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with chopped cilantro if desired and serve immediately with lime wedges on the side if using.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/fajita-chicken-cheesesteak-sandwiches/