Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Fresh Strawberry Pie Bites - a perfect way to make a bite-sized version of your favorite pie!
- Homemade All Butter Pie Crust or 2 pre-made, ready to roll pie crusts
- 4-6 cups fresh strawberries, chopped and hulled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3oz. box of Strawberry Jell-O
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour (or use nonstick cooking spray) a mini-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Roll the dough or pie crust out on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
- Using a round cookie or biscuit cutter (approximately 3 inches diamater) cut at least 24 rounds out ( or 12 rounds of each pie crust, if using store bought)
- Carefully press each round into the mini-muffin pan. Use your fingers to round the ends into a pie crust. Brush egg wash from one egg to the top edges of each pie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let the crust cool while you make the filling.
- Once cooled, use the tip of a knife to loosen the crusts from the mini muffin cups, but keep them in the pan.
- Put the water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk constantly until it become thick. For about 3 minutes.
- Then whisk in the Jell-O and cook for a minute longer.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10-15min
- As the glaze cools, place strawberries straight into the mini pie crusts.
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Decorate with whipped cream before serving.
- Keep refrigerated.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://sugarapron.com/2017/04/17/fresh-strawberry-pie-bites/