prep 15 mins
cook 60 mins
total 1 hour, 15 mins
author monkey and me kitchen adventures
yield 1 loaf
Fudgy Chocolate Banana Bread is sure to knock your socks off! This super moist chocolate bread is both healthy and delicious! The fudgy chocolaty goodness makes this recipe a wonderful Whole Food Plant Based sweet treat. No oil, no refined sugar, no highly processed ingredients.
Flax Egg Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal
3 Tablespoons water
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter, unsweetened
- ¼ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unbleached flour (1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup cocoa, unsweetened
- ¾ cup maple sugar (dehydrated maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules, dry (optional)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
“Powdered Sugar” Topping Ingredients (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon maple sugar (dehydrated maple syrup)
- 1 Tablespoon organic cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing the flax seed meal and water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the following dry ingredients: flours, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and instant coffee. Do not add the chocolate chips yet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork really well. Break them down as much as you can with the fork. Add the maple sugar and mix well, then add the almond butter, flax egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir until smooth and well combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir just until combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place a silicone bread mold into a metal bread pan – this helps stabilize the silicone bread mold shape. Pour the batter into the silicone bread mold.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes. Do a toothpick test. The toothpick should come out semi-clean. The melted chocolate chips may show on the toothpick, but you do not want the batter to show on the toothpick. If it does, bake an additional 5 minutes or longer, up to 65 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Set on a wire rack to cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then gently loosen the silicone mold from the bread by gently pulling at it all the way around.
- Then place the wire rack on the top of the bread and flip the bread out onto the cooling rack. Then flip it once again to get it upright.
- Allow the bread to cool.
- If topping with “powdered sugar”, make by combining 1 Tablespoon of maple sugar with 1 Tablespoon of organic cornstarch into a high-speed blender like a Ninja. Pulse on high for 30 to 45 seconds until the mixture is very light and has a powder-like consistency. Sprinkle over the Fudgy Chocolate Banana bread and also on individual slices.
- Use a serrated knife to slice through the bread. Clean the knife in between slices as the bread is very fudgy.
*Silicone Bread Molds: We really like using silicone bread molds as we do not use any oils in the WFPB diet, so silicone molds work perfectly for baking. If you do not have a silicone mold, then line a metal bread molds with parchment paper.
*Silicone Bread Mold placed inside a Metal Bread Pan: This gives the silicone bread mold stability. Silicone molds are very flimsy, but if you have some metal bread pans on hand, this really helps stabilize the silicone mold. This step isn’t necessary, but it comes in handy if you happen to have any in kitchen. Might as well put them to use.
*Parchment Paper: If you do not have a silicone bread mold, but you do have a metal bread pan, cut 2 pieces of parchment paper: one will go the length of the pan and the other will go the width of the pan. You will still have to carefully loosen any parts of the bread that are not completely protected by the parchment paper that may stick to the metal pan.
*Baking the Fudgy Chocolate Banana Bread: This bread is very fudgy and moist. The “fudginess” is largely dependent upon how long you bake the bread. Baking it 55 minutes will ensure a very fudgy bread, similar to a very fudgy, dense brownie. Longer baking times will still result in a moist bread, but will be less fudgy.
*Storage: Cool completely, then cover in plastic wrap. This bread freezes well. To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Use within one month.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://monkeyandmekitchenadventures.com/fudgy-chocolate-banana-bread/