Author: Kristina Sloggett
Recipe type: Appetizer
dairy and egg free, vegan, gluten free option
- 1+ cup raw pistachios, shelled
- water by the tablespoon, as needed
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- sea salt to taste
- vegan puff pastry shells (or Easy Vegan Pie Crust for gluten free)
- 6-7 tablespoons Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- Reserve several (12) pistachios to use as garnish.
- Combine pistachios and 2 tablespoons water in blender, blend at highest speed until almost creamy.
- While blending, add garlic, onion powder and salt. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency, 1 tablespoon at a time. For this recipe, I wanted it thick enough to pipe into tart shells, and have used anywhere from 2-5 tablespoons.
- Cook tart shells / pie crust according to package.
- Pipe about 2 tablespoons garlic pistachio spread into each, and top with (about a tablespoon)
- ginger cranberry sauce
- and a pistachio.
- These are great served warm or room temperature.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.spabettie.com/2011/12/28/garlic-pistachio-cranberry-tarts/