Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Total Time 15 mins
Servings 16 bars
Calories: 140 kcal
These healthy peanut butter rice krispie treats are perfect after work or school snacks. They're gluten free, vegan, and totally marshmallow-free, yet they're super fun for adults and kids, alike!
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice cereal
- 3/4 cup gluten free quick cooking oats
- 3 tbsp flaxseed ground
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter softened
- 20 grams vegan dark chocolate finely chopped
- In a large bowl mix together the cereal, oats, flax and cacao nibs.
- Grease a 9x13" pan with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
- In a small pan, heat the maple syrup until it begins to gently bubble. Take it off the heat and stir in the peanut butter until fully melted. Pour it into the bowl with the cereal and stir until well coated.
- Press the mixture into the baking pan, making sure to pack it in tightly. Allow to cool completely in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments until fully melted and smooth. Using a spoon or fork, drizzle the chocolate across the bars.
- Cut into 16 squares using a serrated knife and enjoy.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://www.abbeyskitchen.com/healthy-peanut-butter-rice-krispie-treats-glutenfree-vegan/