Homemade pancakes are given the gourmet treatment with the addition of fresh lemon zest, blueberries, and creamy ricotta cheese. Served with blueberry syrup for an added punch of flavor.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 12 pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 dry pints blueberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- blueberry syrup for serving (optional)
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk together until combined, Set aside.
- Whisk ricotta cheese, egg yolks, vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon zest together until smooth. Whisk in milk. Add to flour mixture and whisk until most flour lumps are gone. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with a hand mixer or stand mixer until foamy. Add remaining 2 tablespoons and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Add 1/2 of mixture to batter. Fold together until almost completely combined. Add remaining 1/2 egg white mixture to batter and fold to combine.
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium heat. Add 1/2-1 tablespoon of butter, enough to coat the pan or griddle. Once the butter begins to sizzle and become fragrant, add pancake batter, 1/2 cup per pancake. I could only fit one pancake in my skillet, but you'll fit more in a griddle. Grab a small handful of blueberries and sprinkle on raw pancake batter.
- Cook pancake until bubbles begin to form on top and edges turn crispy. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve immediately with blueberry syrup and fresh blueberries.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://www.certifiedpastryaficionado.com/lemon-blueberry-ricotta-pancakes/