Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 45 mins
Fluffy pancakes packed with macadamia nuts, drizzled with a homemade raspberry maple syrup and garnished with shaved white chocolate. These Macadamia Nut Pancakes are what Sunday brunch is all about!
Course: Breakfast, Brunch, entree
Calories: 513 kcal
Author: Cheyanne Bany
- 10 Oz All Purpose Flour (about 2 heaping cups)
- 1 TBS Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flakes
- ¾ Cup Macadamia Nuts , finely chopped*
- 2 Large Eggs , separated
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar (optional)
- 1 ½ Cups Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Sour Cream *
- 4 TBS Unsalted Butter , melted – plus more for cooking and topping
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Raspberry Syrup: (yield: 1 ½ heaping cups)
- 1 ½ heaping Cups Fresh Raspberries (about 7 ½ Oz.)*
- 1 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 TBS Honey
- Block (or bar) White Chocolate – shaved
- Fresh Raspberries
- Butter , to taste
- Confectioner’s Sugar , for dusting
- For the Raspberry Syrup: In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring the maple syrup, honey and a pinch of salt to a boil. Cook until reduced by half, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer and add the raspberries. Simmer until the raspberries are softened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside and let the raspberries steep for 20-25 minutes.
- For the Pancake Batter: In a large sized bowl combine all the dry ingredients: the flour through the macadamia nuts. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add egg whites and cream of tartar. Whisk/beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the egg yolks, buttermilk, and sour cream together until well combined. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the melted butter.
- Using a rubber spatula carefully fold the whipped egg whites into the buttermilk mixture. Continue to fold until JUST combined.
- Add the wet buttermilk mixture to the dry mixture and fold again until JUST combined, being sure not to over incorporate. The mixture should be lumpy!
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a wire rack insert.
- Cook the Pancakes: Heat a large heavy bottomed nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Allow skillet to preheat for 5 minutes. Add a small pad of butter or a small drizzle of oil to the pan. Use a paper towel to whip and spread butter until there is none visible to the eye.
- Using a ¼ cup ice cream scoop or dry measure, scoop pancake batter and add it to the pan, up to 4 pancakes at a time, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook until bubbles start to form on the top and the bottom of the pancakes are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip pancakes over and continue to cook on the second side until pancakes are golden brown and fully cooked through, an additional 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and keep warm in the oven as you repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve warm topped with raspberry syrup and garnish with shaved white chocolate.
*Yield: 16-18 pancakes
*To easily chop macadamia nuts, place them in a Ziploc bag, use the flat side of a mallet and gently pound until finely chopped.
*You can Substitute sour cream for additional, equal amount, of buttermilk
*You can substitute fresh raspberries for frozen, defrosted raspberries
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.nospoonnecessary.com/macadamia-nut-pancakes-raspberry-maple-syrup/