Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 3 hrs
Total Time 3 hrs 30 mins
A reduced fat lighter version peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake dessert which is still indulgent and wickedly creamy!
Calories: 653 kcal
For the base:
- 300 g reduced fat chocolate sandwich biscuits broken up
- 75 g unsalted butter softened
- For the filling:
- 400 g low fat soft cream cheese
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 g soft light brown sugar
- 200 g reduced fat smooth peanut butter
- 120 ml reduced fat double cream
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 300 ml reduced fat double cream
- 400 g plain chocolate broken into pieces
- 20 g dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 160C Fan.
- To make the base:-
- Grease the inside of a 20cm loose-bottom deep cheesecake tin and line the base with baking parchment / greaseproof paper.
- Blitz the chocolate sandwich biscuits and butter together in a blender or food processor to form a breadcrumb consistency.
- Press this mixture into the base of the tin to make an even layer. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and prepare the filling.
- To make the filling:-
- Put the soft cheese, eggs, sugar, peanut butter and cream into a blender or food processor and blitz to a creamy, evenly mixed consistency, then stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture over the hardened biscuit base and then place in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the top feels set and dry, browned a little but not burnt.
- Remove and set the tin on a wire rack to cool, don’t worry that the filling mixture will drop a little, then chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To make the topping:-
- Pour the cream into a saucepan, heat the cream gently until steam is coming off the top. Do not allow the cream to boil, then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the broken up plain chocolate until it has melted completely.
- When the chocolate ganache has cooled but not set pour the mixture over the top of the cooked cheesecake (that is still in the tin) and put aside for a few minutes to allow the ganache to settle.
- Decorate the top of the ganache evenly with the dark chocolate chips and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
When serving, cut the cheesecake into 12 equal slices. It's best to freeze any leftover which helps to avoid the temptation of having more than one slice! Although the cheesecake will last about 3 – 4 days just refrigerated.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://neilshealthymeals.com/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cheesecake/