- 4 medium to large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup milk or half & half, plus more if needed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 + ½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or scallions, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Poke the potatoes a few times with a fork then wrap in aluminum foil. Bake until a fork goes into them easily about 1 hour.
- Line a small baking pan with aluminum foil and lay down the bacon in a single layer. When the potatoes are cooked turn the heat down to 375 degrees F. and cook the bacon until crispy 8 - 14 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle use a grapefruit spoon to scrape the insides out leaving a border of them around the edges - don't scrape it right down to the skin - put it in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, milk, cream cheese and ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the bowl. Mash with a potato masher or with a hand mixer on low speed until combined. If the mixture seems too thick add more milk.
- Crumble or chop the bacon and add half to the potatoes with 1 cup of the cheese and 1 tablespoon of the chives or scallions. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and fill them with the potatoes. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup cheese on the tops.
- Bake 20 minutes. To serve sprinkle with the remaining bacon and chives.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/pepper-jack-and-cream-cheese-stuffed-potatoes/