Recipe type: Dinner, Appetizer Cuisine: American
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 8-10 egg rolls
Philly Cheesesteak Baked Egg Rolls recipe make for a tasty dinner or party appetizer ready in no time at all!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound roast beef, thinly sliced*
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 8-10 egg roll skins
- salt and pepper, to taste
*Some stores sell shaved steak if you wish to eliminate a step.
Note: You can also use American cheese in place of any of the other cheeses
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425ยบF.
- Mix egg and milk together, in a small bowl, for egg wash. Set aside.
- In medium saute pan or skillet over medium, heat the olive oil until hot. Add onion and peppers.
- Sweat vegetables until slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add roast beef or shaved steak and saute until onions are translucent, about 5 additional minutes.
- Add the cheeses and mix thoroughly until cheese is almost melted.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and drain excess liquid if there is any (this is an important step to keep egg rolls from becoming soggy when baking), and let cool.
- Divide cooled mixture into 8-10 equal parts. Place mixture in center of each egg roll skin.
- Fold in side corners and roll tightly, sealing edges with egg wash (use a pastry brush). Make sure they are rolled tightly to prevent bursting/leaking of the cheese in the oven. A little bit might happen and that's OK.
- Lightly coat egg rolls with cooking spray, and place, seam side down in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat nonstick baking mat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy (to your liking). Keep an eye on them as different ovens tend to cook things faster/slower). If for some reason they aren't crispy enough after 25 minutes, leave them in a little longer.
- Let rest for a minute or two and then cut egg rolls on the bias, place on a serving platter and serve warm.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://wishesndishes.com/philly-cheesesteak-baked-egg-rolls/