This strawberry mint shrub drink is a delicious way to preserve fresh strawberries in season right now. Once called drinking vinegars, this sweet and tangy drink can be enjoyed with or without alcohol and is low carb too!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 8 kcal
- 2 cups strawberries, cleaned and chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Lakanto (monk fruit sweetener) *see note
- 1 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, minced and divided
- Add strawberries, vinegar, sweetener and half of the mint to a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- After about 10 minutes, use a potato masher and mash fruit to release more juice.
- Simmer until it thickens and becomes a syrup like consistency.
- Strain into a bottle or jar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, add 2 tablespoons of the syrup to a glass of seltzer water. See post for more ways to use.
Note* I use Lakanto sweetener which is monk fruit in this recipe to keep it low carb. You can use the sweetener of your choice. However if you don't care about the carbs, you can use white sugar, coconut sugar or even honey. Each will give a different but interesting taste to the shrub.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://mylifecookbook.com/strawberry-mint-shrub-drink-low-carb/