- Great Day Farms Eggs
- Sandwich bread
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheese
- cooking spray
- teaspoon with a pointy tip or a regular, rounded teaspoon with a butter knife
- Using a pointy-tipped teaspoon (or a butter knife), create the corners of the edges for the rectangle on your bread, pressing almost to the crust edges. Press down to create the rectangle.
- Using the teaspoon, gently press the bread down to form the inside of the rectangle without tearing.
- Repeat for every slice of bread you wish to make (1-2 slices per person).
- Season the bread with salt and pepper.
- Crack one egg into each slice of bread prepared; season the egg on top.
- Butter the edges of the bread gently, being careful not to touch the egg.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese onto the butter.
- Spray your small baking tray or tin foil with cooking spray before placing into the toaster oven. (If you don’t have a toaster oven, you can place it into a covered saute pan and cook on medium until cooked).
- Toast in your toaster oven (or covered saute pan), observing as it cooks, until the egg appears fried, about 10 or so minutes.
- Eat with fork and knife or as you would a piece of regular toast.